5/24/16

Real Talk: Kylie Lip Kits

Right now, there is not a single Youtuber or blogger not talking about these babies. The way in which I ordered these was actually quite funny. I had recently downloaded the Kylie Jenner app, but didn't really spend any time exploring it after I saw that it cost a monthly subscription of $4.99 and um... whose gonna pay $4.99 a month to stalk Kylie Jenner? (#NoShade if you do, TBH I would too if I weren't a broke college student). One day, a notification popped up that read "Kylie is Live". I right/left (whatever it is) swiped to open it up and for some reason, I was also inclined to open the Kylie cosmetics website. It was literally like I was possessed, I was just sitting at work, minding my own bin-ness. For the first time since these came out, the little sold out sign was not found on the images so proceeded the MOST stressful 7 minutes of my life (lol) as I placed an order on the two shades I was most interested in.

As a broke college student, I think my review of these matte lip kits could really help out a lot because it's not as if I myself have money to spend to simply try out products. If I'm gonna buy a makeup product that costs more than $20, it better be my money's worth! 

Whether or not you're a fan of the Kardashian empire - King Kylie in particular. I do have respect for them because uh... they make bank af. However, it does annoy me a little that on top of the $29 a lip kit costs, its $8.95 shipping and handling- like girl I don't got time to pay for shipping and handling. I'm the type of person whose really stubborn about paying for shipping like I'd rather spend $50 extra on products than pay for $5 shipping lol. 

As far as the actual customer service portion of it, it was kind of non-existent, like I got an email right after I placed the order saying I would get another with the tracking number and I never did, but the package did come within somewhat reasonable time and the packaging was perfect and there weren't any problems.


Now that I've proficiently rambled... let's get into talking about the product!


 Here's what it looks like when you open it up! The packaging is genuinely really good.


 I now officially have Kylie Jenner's autograph lol. 







Dolce K
I loved Dolce K a lot more than Kourt, just because I feel like this color is a lot more unique. It actually looked really nice on my brown person skin, it is really hard to find nudes that work with my skin tone. Its a really pretty powdery muave-y nude. 



Kourt K

This color was a bit more blotchy once it dried... maybe because it was darker, maybe I applied it wrong and it was more noticeable with a darker color but you can tell that when you go over the color where you apply it over and over and in the swatch pictures. Cause of that, I definitely love the Dolce a Lot more. Not to mention, any brand that has come out with a liquid lipstick line has a color similar to this one so I would suggest trying out the nudier colors because I feel like they might be more unique. This color is still beautiful though and very universal and the consistency is still A-1. 


Overall

I actually really liked her lip kits, like I'd give them like 9/10. They dry super quick, but they're not like super drying on the lips. I mean, there is a slight tightening but that's to be expected with any liquid lipstick. The applicator makes applying the product and controlling where the product goes (like if you're trying to over-line like I do) really easy. I feel like you really don't need the lip liner if you know how to apply liquid lipsticks well because it just gets painted over anyway and it's the same type of consistency as the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils where like making a line with it, literally wears down so much product and you already have to sharpen it. I know on a lot of secondhand retail apps, people will sell the lip liners and glosses separately and I would advice just getting the glosses cause you don't really NEED he liner.

Literally the best part about these, is the fact that they actually smell SO GOOD. I never give two shits about how a product smells, but these ACTUALLY SMELL LIKE SUGAR COOKIES. Its soooooooo awesome. AND not that you can see it in the images above, but they make my teeth look super nice. Like it was noticeable. Theres some property in these that do bring out the whiteness in your teeth. I was just watching a video by CosmobyHaley on Youtube and she mentioned the same thing about Mary Jo and I have to agree about that with these shades as well. As far as staying power: I have been trying to rub off the product from my arm for a minute and the gloss is not moving and the liner just lightly faded which means it will last 5EVER on the lips. So if you ballin' on a budget, these lip kits are definitely worth your wallet if you can get a hold of them!

Thank you for reading!

~Sunny <3


Other Details & Links:



No comments :

Post a Comment