8/11/15

Every time something bad happens to you that you did not see coming, does not mean it’s the end of your world. Every negative thing is just a small, insignificant piece of the universe and you have bigger, grander thinks to worry about. Especially if your ‘woes’ consist of this girl you were barely friends with and wanted to see if you could be friends with, un-follows you on Instagram.                       

That’s not something I should allow to bother me.

 I have a lot going on right now: 

1. I'm a college freshman that just completed summer B and realized how desperately I need a mattress pad as I get ready to move in for fall.
2. I will be working in the fall in a job that I acquired through quite a humorous situation.
3. I will have a math class. Kill. Me. Now.
4. Literally anything matters more.

            However, we are humans and we crave acceptance – you would think as a human herself, the bitch would understand the struggle.

While mourning the loss of a follower, I found myself suddenly thinking about all the other horrible things about myself: my weight, my skin, my nails... etc. This strange foot-in-the-door phenomenon had to stop. 

We see tumblr-esque quotes all the time that state "Act how you want to feel", "Be Yourself", and so on with the bullshit. 

Honestly, its as simple as waking up every morning and telling yourself "You are an important person, there is nothing that could happen to you that could de-value you as a person. Just be happy. Be nice. Relax." 

I tried this two days in a row on random days mid-semester and it literally changed a lot. It noticeably changed a lot on those particular days. As weird as it may seem; talking to yourself - it actually helped.

When you feel good, you radiate a more positive attitude which gives you confidence and makes other people gravitate towards your bubbly attitude. This isn't a groundbreaking discovery, but its just simply so hard to do. 

So beginning today 8/12/2015, I will continue to do this for myself for the next year. Along with doing things for myself which includes buying clothes I love, making my space the way I want it and surrounding myself with people I actually like.

Wish me luck and good luck and postive energy to all of you in whatever you put your mind to!.

~ Sunny


No comments :

Post a Comment